Sunday, November 13, 2011

"the worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones."

ohooohuhye

There they are ! My lovely newbies.

"Books?? You were that exited about books ?"

As a matter of fact I was. I have been turning into this huge (haha,literally) bookworm. I have always loved books but somehow that love has magnified recently. My absolute favorite book is Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale.

But on to these new ones. The reason I bought Zadie Smith's White Teeth is that I really don't know anything about it. Well, actually, I do know that it is well praised and widely popular but other than that, I genuinely have no clue what it is about. Also, I'm doing a treatise on English literature and this book will be a subject for it. I can't wait to get started !

A confession... I am a total sucker for The Vampire Diaries. Especially the books. The bottom one on the pile in the first picture is the one I'm finishing as we speak. They have that unknown something in them. Maybe it's the vampires (the Salvatores, to be blunt) or the gloominess, I don't know, but somehow these books have made me their hostage. And the way L.J. Smith ends each book, you are left gobsmacked and ready to kill for the next book, oh, I get goosepimples even thinking about it. And to avoid the urge to kill after finishing book 5, I bought book 6 ! After I've read White Teeth, I will sink my fangs into this lovely one.

If you didn't die due to boredom reading this (and if you did, I'm sorry) I'm happy to announce that I might be making short preview on White Teeth as soon as I finish it, mainly to help me with handling the treatise.

And to help the obvious Sunday's oh-god-it's-Monday-tomorrow -depression:

No comments: